The precision damper
System Vibrex® cushioned seat system is the latest innovation in rail damping systems. Based on the widely tried and tested "ORTEC-Flüsterschiene®", System VIBREX® enables a consistently high level of shock absorption. System VIBREX® can be supplied in header rail and grooved rail designs. System VIBREX® allows deflection to be maintained at a constant level of up to 10mm. This enables a reduction of the vibrations occurring in the wheel/rail system to about 20db and does so in the frequency range of 1 to 120 Hz. This equates to an absorption of vibrations of over 90%. Maintenance work is simplified as rails can quickly be replaced at check intervals as and when necessary. System VIBREX® can be supplied in groove widths of 36 to 60.5 mm according to individual customer requirements.
Repair work on broken rails is also significantly easier because the road (around the rail) will only need to be opened up for around a maximum of two brackets and housings.
System VIBREX® groove
System VIBREX® header
Advantages at a glance:
- Vertical deflection of up to 10 mm
- Horizontal head displacement < 2 mm
- Stray current insulation conforming to EN 50122-2
- Materials resistant to gritting and de-icing salt
- Wear on the rail reduced by the high level of elasticity
- Versatility of use for both open and closed coverage construction
- All materials 100% recyclable